Meet Your Lacey Orthodontist
My name is Dr. Andrew Leavitt, your Puyallup Orthodontics specialist and I sincerely look forward to meeting you. I love creating beautiful smiles for children, teens and adults to help in creating beautiful smiles.
As a parent myself, my team and I are committed to listening to you to make your orthodontic journey as easy as possible.
I grew up in the small farming community of Kuna, near Boise, Idaho. The second of nine children, I learned early the value of hard work while helping my father and mother run their 80-acre farm.
Having a father who was a high school counselor and a mother who is an elementary teacher also taught me the importance of receiving a good education. I received an academic scholarship to Brigham Young University, graduating with a degree in Zoology. I then attended the University of Washington School of Dentistry, graduating with honors and receiving my Doctor of Dental Science (DDS) degree.I also worked to complete a master's thesis during this time and received a Master of Science in Dentistry along with the Certificate of Orthodontics.
Why an Orthodontist in Puyallup?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Leavitt continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Leavitt has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Puyallup Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Puyallup orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Lakewood orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Whitewater Orthodontic Studios is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Puyallup area.